Completed in 1768, the Church of Jekaterina is the most style pure and ample baroque church in Estonia. The design of facades characteristically for baroque disjunct and relief, the six broaches are finished with slender needle-shaped tips that add lightness and festiveness to the building. Since church is built a century before the majority of orthodox churches, it differs from them from architectural point of view but at the same time it has influenced the development of orthodox church architecture in whole Balticum.
Interesting to know! Pärnu church of Jekaterina was built by order and with financing of Russian queen Catherine the II. To this day Pärnu Russian congregation operates in the church.
Very beautiful church, located right on the egde of the main pedestrian area of the historical part of Parnu.
Lovely 17th century building still working as a orthodox christian churh. Would definetely recommend to visit.
very interesting for people from around the World, beloved place for Russian-speaking people, very special ánd beatiful