Historical buildings • Rakvere • More details
|Address:||Laada tn 14, Rakvere| Show on map|
The market building by the central square of Rakvere was designed by the civil engineer Ferdinand Gustav Adoff and built in 1926–1928. The market building is one of the most important buildings in the architecture of Rakvere. The strong articulation and colours are characteristic of the construction style of the 1920s. The market was north of the building and fairs were held south of the building. There is no market in the building today, but different shops and offices. The Rakvere Tourist Information Centre is also here.
- Rakvere Market Building is one of the most presentable market buildings in Estonia.
Source: Rakvere Linnavalitsus