Museums & Galleries • Narva • More details
|Address:||Vestervalli tänav 21, Narva| Show on map|
|Telephone:||(+372) 359 9230|
|Fax:||(+372) 359 9232|
The Art Gallery of Narva Museum was opened in April 1991 and it exhibited the art collection of the museum. The gallery is located in the old military barn, built in 1777, which is in the Gloria bastion.
Portraits, painted by foreign painters S. Pfandzelt, J. H. Wedekind and H. Buchholtz in Russia are very important in the current collection. The latter two also worked in Narva. Russian art from early 19th and 20th century is also represented (Aivazovsky, Lagorio).
Estonian art is represented by the painters whose creative work was associated with Narva. The artists from Narva hold a special place in the exhibition.