Architectural monuments • Haapsalu • More details
|Address:||Promenaadi tn 1, Haapsalu| Show on map|
|Telephone:||(+372) 473 3248|
|Fax:||(+372) 473 3464|
The timber-laced Resort Hall and the Bandstand on the seaside Promenade were built at the end of the 19th century and are the only ones of the kind that have survived in the original shape. The Resort Hall is today and was in the first half of the 20th century the centre of summer activities in Haapsalu.
Interesting to know: In 1898 the house was practically in water, later the small coves of the bay on both sides of the building were filled and the embankment got its present shape. The Resort Hall with the Bandstand was the favourite place of the Russian Emperor's court and the aristocracy from St. Petersburg. During the Soviet time the Resort Hall was used as a storehouse.