Border control shall be reintroduced in order to ensure safety and public order during an unofficial NATO Foreign Ministers Meeting taking place in April.
- Border control will be applied to persons entering Estonia at the Estonian-Latvian border, as well as at ports and airports.
- The requirements of customs-, sanitary-, veterinary- and fytosanitary control will not be implemented during temporary border check.
- Crossing of the border in the area between border crossing points is not permitted during this time period of reintroduction of border control.
- EU citizens can enter Estonia at the internal border of Schengen area by presenting a travel document or an ID-card. Third country citizens must carry a travel document (passport) and a document proving the rights to enter Schengen area when crossing the border.
- In general all border crossing points are open 24h (see the attached list of border crossing points).
You can find more information by contacting:
Customer information: +372 612 3000 (Monday – Friday 8.00-18.00).