Hellemann tower and Tallinn's city wall
|Address:||Müürivahe tänav 48, Kesklinna linnaosa, Tallinn | Show on map|
|Telephone:||(+372) 648 4924|
|Method of payment:||Cash only|
Probably, only the lower 10-15 metre part of the tower was completed by 1410, which is cited as the year of completion of the Hellemann tower. The tower was named after Laurentius van der Helle, who used the plot behind the tower between 1390 and 1398.
The oldest sections of Tallinn's city wall were built in the 13th century. During the next three centuries, it became one of the largest and strongest defence systems in the entire Northern Europe.
More than a half of the magnificent defence system has been preserved as a city wall; this includes 1.85 km of the wall, 26 defence towers, 2 gates and fragments of two front gates.
Times and prices
Is open every day: 09:00 - 19:00
Is open every day: 10:00 - 18:00
- Site lighting
- Viewing platform
- Art and gift shop
- For groups
- Tallinn Card