National parks and protected areas

Home > Järvere Manor

Järvere Manor

Address: 29, Järvere küla, Sõmerpalu vald, Võru maakond | Show on map
Website: http://www.mois.ee/voru/jarvere.shtml External link
E-mail: voru@visitestonia.com

Järvere Manor was built on the shore of Lake Vagula in 1766 as a support manor of Sõmerpalu Manor. The manor was built by the owner of Sõmerpalu manor, Friedrich Alexander von Möller, Doctor of Philosophy. He had the Järvere Manor made for his mother and it was thus called the Old Lady's House.

A park, established in 1830, separated Sõmerpalu and Järvere Manors and there were about 200 different tree and bush species already at that time.

The Võru Forest Management Centre operated at the manor during Soviet time. Outbuildings were put in order and rebuilt in 1993.

The manor is protected as a cultural monument and is private property today.

Times and prices

Is open advance bookings only

Free of charge.

Features

  • Information boards

Meals

Seminar and conference rooms

Linked entries