The history of the Kärdla Marina is closely tied to the history of the Kärdla Broadcloth Factory: the marina was built to facilitate the transportation of raw material for the factory as well as its products. Kärdla marina was constructed in 1849; the old marina was destroyed in the war in 1944. The only remaining buildings of the old harbour are the warehouse and wool store of the old factory.
The reconstruction of the Kärdla Marina began in 2012 and it was finished atthe end of 2013. The new marina can moor 60 vessels. The marina is sheltered from the winds and offers a variety of services.
The coordinates of the Kärdla Marina are: 59°00.62″ N; 22°45.26″ E
State Port Register
|Maximum length (m)||35|
|Maximum draft (cm)||320|
|Number of guest slips||60|