Lau Village Shop at the Estonian Open Air Museum
|Address:||Vabaõhumuuseumi tee 12, Haabersti linnaosa, Tallinn | Show on map|
|Telephone:||(+372) 654 9100|
|Fax:||(+372) 654 9127|
|Method of payment:||Card payment|
Would you like to feel like a customer of a village shop from early last century? This is possible in the Lau village shop at the Estonian Open Air Museum.
The shop building was brought to the museum from Harju County, from the former Juuru parish in Ingliste rural municipality. The building that stood on the crossing of Ingliste, Kaiu and Keava roads was built in 1914.
The house was built for a family, but a private shop operated there from 1920 to 1930, until Soviet rule was enforced in 1940. The building was transferred to the museum in 1999 and was opened to guests in May 2012.
The interior of the village shop and the goods on sale take the guests back to 1938.
Times and prices
Is open every day: 10:00 - 18:00
Is open every day: 10:00 - 17:00