Monument to Gustav II Adolf
|Address:||Ülikooli tn, Tartu | Show on map|
The monument to Gustav II Adolf (1594-1632) was reopened in 1992. Its author is Elisabeth Tebelius-Myren.
A monument to King of Sweden Gustav II Adolf who founded the University of Tartu stood in the yard of the university's main building from 1928 to 1950. The author of the sculpture was Otto Strandman. Soviet occupation authorities removed the monument on 15 May 1950. The monument was reopened in 1992 with the help of Swedish people.
Times and prices
Is open 24 hours
Free of charge.
- Site lighting
- Paid parking