In 1901 Nikolai von Glehn established a workshop on the plot of the present-day Nõmme Rahu Kirik.
In 1904 Glehn offered the bankrupt foundry building to the fraternity of the Moravians for holding their prayer meetings. This was the beginning of Christian service in this building. Since 1905 religious services have been held in the building. In 1913 Manfred von Glehn gives the house of prayer along with the plot to the church as a present. In 1922 the Consistory approves an independent Lutheran congregation in Nõmme. In 1924 the plenary meeting of Nõmme Church decides to name the church as Rahu Church. In 1930 the building is reconstructed into a church on the basis of a design by architect F. Wendach.