National parks and protected areas

Home > St. Birgitta’s Convent Ruins

St. Birgitta’s Convent Ruins

Address: Kloostri tee 9, Tallinn | Show on map
Telephone: (+372) 605 5044
Fax: (+372) 605 5010
Website: http://www.piritaklooster.ee/?lang=en External link
E-mail: lagle@osss.ee
Method of payment: Cash

The history of the ruins rising above the banks of the Pirita River date back to 1407, when the largest nunnery in Old Livonia was founded here. The convent that got its name from St. Birgitta that has founded the mother convent in Sweden, survived in its original form until 1577, when the forces of Ivan the Terrible destroyed it. The massive façade, walls, cellars and graveyard has survived until the present. The ruins are a beloved venue for summer concerts.

Times and prices

01.01–31.03

Is open every day: 12:00 - 16:00

Adult: from 2 €
Child: from 1 €
Family ticket: from 4 €

01.04–31.05

Is open every day: 10:00 - 18:00

Adult: from 2 €
Child: from 1 €
Family ticket: from 4 €

01.06–31.08

Is open every day: 09:00 - 19:00

Adult: from 2 €
Child: from 1 €
Family ticket: from 4 €

01.09–31.10

Is open every day: 10:00 - 18:00

Adult: from 2 €
Child: from 1 €
Family ticket: from 4 €

01.11–31.12

Is open every day: 12:00 - 16:00

Adult: from 2 €
Child: from 1 €
Family ticket: from 4 €

Exact price to be clarified by service provider.

Features

  • Exhibition
  • Souvenirs
  • Site lighting
  • Toilet

Additional services

  • Themed events

Discounts

  • Tallinn Card

Meals

Seminar and conference rooms