Paide Vallitorn and Ruins of the Order Castle at Vallimägi
Building of the Paide Order Castle started in 1265. Local white limestone was used to build the castle. The first building on Vallimägi Hill was the octagonal Tall Hermann Tower, which was destroyed by the retreating Red Army in 1941. The tower was restored for the 650th anniversary of the St George's Night Uprising in 1993.
The stronghold established in Paide was the second castle built by the order in the territory of Estonia after Viljandi.
Paide Vallitorn became the symbol of Paide Town and Järva County and is depicted on their coats of arms.
There is a memorial on Paide Vallimägi Hill to the four Estonian elders executed during the uprising.