The last owner of Pivarootsi Manor prior to its appropriation by the state in 1919 was Georg von Hoyningen-Huene. Its single-storey timber main building, in early classicist style, is thought to have been constructed at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries. The long, narrow square at the front of the building was edged by a barn, stable and carriage house decorated with square columns. The main building was reclad during the Soviet era. Many of the other buildings on the main remain standing today, although some were destroyed or are in ruins. Today the manor is in private ownership and one of its buildings is home to Pivarootsi Manor Guesthouse. The main building is currently undergoing renovations.