St. Mary's Church on Naissaare
Naissaare church, standing on an island 12 km from Tallinn, was constructed in 1934 to the designs of architect Karl Tarvas. It was consecrated in 1938.
It has a very simple but masterful architectural design with traditional use of materials and good proportions. The design combines a rectangular main building with a pitched roof and a smaller square-shaped tower.
Good to know: the church is an architectural monument to the wooden style predominant in the ecclesiastical buildings of the first half of the 20th century. It has been preserved and is being restored; therefore, it can only be viewed from the outside.
It belongs in the National Registry of Cultural Monuments.