This church, dedicated to the archangel Michael, was completed in 1785. It stands on the shores of a man-made lake in Räpina and enjoys beautiful views over Sillapää castle and park. The walls of the church, which was constructed in Late Baroque style, are made from rendered natural stone. The front of the church is adorned with sculptures dating from the time of its construction, which symbolise Hope and Love.
One of the church's most valuable assets, the two-part altar painting entitled 'The Appearance of the Risen Jesus to Mary Magdalene' and 'The Burial of Jesus', was painted by Carl Antropoff in 1871.