|Address:||Rahukohtu tn 3, Tallinn | Show on map|
|Telephone:||(+372) 693 5860|
Stenbock House, one of the most impressive classicist ensembles on Toompea, was completed in 1792 to the designs of architect Johann Caspar Mohr. It was originally planned for use by the courts, with its construction overseen by a Swede by birth, the Hiiumaa land-holder Jakob Pontus Stenbock. When state support for the construction of the building was withdrawn, Stenbock took possession of it and transformed it into a grand urban palace.
Since 2000 Stenbock House has been home to the Government of the Republic and the Government Office.
Beautiful views of Stenbock House can be enjoyed from Snelli Park and the Patkuli viewing platform.
Times and prices
Is open 24 hours
Free of charge.