Tallinn Teachers House

The oldest records of the Tallinn Teachers House date from 1333. In 1766 it and the complex of buildings attached to it passed into the hands of the Russian crown, who transformed it into an officers’ club and casino. The old façade of the building was renovated in the 1830s. The layout of rooms in the building today dates from this period, although traces of the previous, more intriguing layout and interior design can still be seen. Since 1952 the building has housed a cultural and education centre which has borne the name Tallinn Teachers House for the last 14 years. It is administered by the Educational Board of the City of Tallinn.

Features and amenities

Location

Raekoja plats 14, Kesklinna linnaosa, Tallinn

Access

  • Signposted
  • By public transport
  • By car
  • On foot only
  • Sealed access road

Stops nearby

Bus: Viru, Vabaduse plats, Mere pst, Kaubamaja
Train: Balti jaam
Tram: Viru, Vabaduse plats, Mere pst, Balti jaam
Trolleybus: Vabaduse plats, Balti jaam, Kaubamaja

Coordinates

59°26'15''N 24°44'46''E | Download GPX file