The former Mattiesen Print House on the corner of Ülikooli and Vallikraavi Streets is also a noteworthy architectural monument in the centre of Tartu. Printer Carl Gottlieb Mattiesen bought the plot in 1848 and the print shop of the University of Tartu was moved into the wooden house. A stone annex was added to the building later.
The building was redesigned in 1997 (architect M Raid) into a café-museum, bookstore and pub. Wilde Pub and Café operated in the building for a long time. A group of bronze sculptures depicting Oscar Wilde and Eduard Vilde was opened in front of the building in 1999 (authors M Karmin and T Trummal).