Tartu Observatory in Tõravere is one of the 21 places worth discovering in Southern Estonia that are marked with a yellow National Geographic window; if you are interested in nature and space technology, visiting those places is highly recommended.
At the observatory, you can:
* enjoy fascinating tours of the 1.5 metre telescope building and Stellarium
* participate in captivating public observation nights
* try to communicate with a satellite at the control centre of ESTCube-1
* participate in practical space-related work and experiments
* take part in discussion nights with scientists
* learn about the space lab and its services
* conduct innovative team trainings
* organize seminars at the observatory
Observatooriumi tänav 1, Tõravere alevik, Nõo vald, Tartu maakond
Tartu Observatory is located in Tartu County in Nõo rural municipality in Tõravere along the Tartu-Valga highway about 20 km from the borders of Tartu. You can get to Tõravere by bus, by car and by a motorbike; you can also come here by bicycle or on foot.
58°15'57''N 26°27'57''E | Download GPX file