Beautiful nature, affordable luxury, short distances, well arranged transportation and rich cultural heritage make Estonia a desirable destination for everyone interested in relaxed atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
Enjoy the finest of Estonian ballet culture in Jõhvi and Tallinn, or spend an evening in the National Opera theatre “Estonia”. Most art galleries and museums are open on all weekdays except for Tuesdays.
Estonia is a very safe destination:
- Police are very helpful and the crime rate is low.
- Health-care system is excellent with plenty of recreational services available in health resorts and wellness centres.
- Clean nature gives you a chance to enjoy sunbathing, swimming and walks in the forest to find that fountain of youth.
- Tap-water is drinkable throughout Estonia.
There is plenty to enjoy in every season:
Rich history and several rulers have left their mark in Estonian architecture and cultural legacy. There is no place else in the world, where you could experience it all with such a convenience. Short distances and well-arranged public transportation enable you to enjoy the best of Estonia within moments.
There were over 1,000 manor houses and castles in Estonia, some of which have been fully restored and are open for you to admire.
Kadriorg castle in Tallinn is a pearl among others: surrounded by a large park with swan-pond, rose gardens, outdoor cafes it now operates as a museum of Estonian art.
Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with a fresh pastry in one of the hundreds of out-door cafe’s: medieval Tallinn Old Town will impress you with its Hanseatic feel, while cafes in seaside resorts like Pärnu, Haapsalu or Kuressaare will provide you with a more intimate atmosphere.
Things to know about Estonia:
- Don’t be afraid to ask for assistance: though very friendly, Estonians are likely to keep to themselves. Most likely, service clerks and sales staff won’t approach you unless you’ve invited them to.
- Estonian handicraft is known around the world – wool and linen are amongst the most popular buys. As souvenirs, we recommend you also try the spiced almonds, smoked sausages and honey.