Tallinn – the Capital City of Estonia

Home > Väimela Manor and Park

Väimela Manor and Park

Address: Pärna tee 10, Väimela alevik, Võru vald, Võru maakond | Show on map
Website: http://www.mois.ee/english/voru/vaimela.shtml External link
E-mail: voru@visitestonia.com

Väimela Manor was first mentioned already in 1590, but the current main building is from 1952.

The threshing building, distillery, farmhands' barn, farmhand's house, milking parlor, woodworking shop, granary and grain dryer, hay barn, barn and dairy have been preserved. Bernhard von Loewen was the last squire.

Today, the manor is managed by the Võru County Vocational Training Centre. The manor park was established in the 18th century and there are mostly lindens, maples and oaks.

Lakes Alajärv and Mäejärv in Väimela are connected with a stream. South of Lake Alajärv, in Matussaare, is the burial ground of squires of Väimela and the ruins of a chapel, that was built in 1885.

You can only see the manor from outside.

Times and prices

Is open 24 hours

Free of charge.

Features

  • Information boards

Meals

Seminar and conference rooms

Linked entries