The earliest records of a manor on this site date back to 1586. The main building, in late classical style, is thought to date from the 1830s.
The complex sits on both sides of the tall banks of the Vihterpalu River. The second half of the 19th century saw the construction of what was known as the Cavalier's House in the middle of the park, although today it lies in ruins. The park is largely free form, but also includes earlier regulated elements. It has a number of very old fir trees as well as a couple of Alpine cedars. A large example of the rare Thuja tree grows behind the main building.
Fully renovated, the manor house has been transformed into a luxurious conference centre and hotel.