1. Different parts of beef can be used for Boeuf à la Tartar. The tenderloin is most commonly used, but shoulder clod, strip loin and rump are also suitable. Chop the meat into small pieces (approximately 4 x 4 cm) and season with salt. Place the meat in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes until it becomes solid and grind the meat through a meat grinder.
2. For the sauce: weigh the ketchup, horseradish, sugar syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and salt and place into a bowl. Using a hand blender, mix everything together into an even mass.
3. Chop the chives, pickles, capers, and peeled onion into small pieces.
4. Mix together chopped beef, sauce, chives, gherkin and onion.
5. You can toast the bread either in a hot pan or in the oven. Butter the toast on both sides (with soft butter).
6. Serve Boeuf à la Tartar with golden toast.
7. If desired, make a hollow area in the middle of the Boeuf and add in a raw egg yolk.
Photos by: Johannes Hõimoja