Suur-Kloostri tänav 14, Kesklinna linnaosa, Tallinn
This Orthodox Church of Estonia was built in the 13th century. It is a
mediaeval Cistercian St. Michael’s Abbey for nuns that was rebuilt as the Transfiguration Church in 1732.
Its beautiful Baroque iconostasis (1720) is over 290 years old; it is one of the most grandiose Baroque works of art in Estonia and also one of the oldest extant iconostases. The grave monument of the holy martyr Bishop St. Platon in the church and his memorial in the church yard, as well as the oldest church bell in Tallinn add to the character of this church.
See also the 360-degree view.
Sunday 09:00 - 14:00