1. Chop the onion and glaze on low heat with butter.
2. Soak the toast slices in whipping cream.
3. Clean the fish fillet of bones and crumble the meat using a meat grinder. You can use white or red fish, such as salmon, trout, cod, sea bass, place or whiting.
4. Add an egg, the soaked and crushed toast slices, salt, pepper, fried onion and chopped dill to the fish mass. Mix thoroughly and form the cakes.
5. Coat with breadcrumbs: first dip the cakes in flour, then into a beaten egg and finally in the breadcrumbs. Fry in a pan until golden and bake in the oven (180 ºC) for about 5 minutes.
6. Blend the mayonnaise and wild garlic until you get an even, light green mixture.
7. Wash and boil the potatoes (use fresh potatoes if possible). Add a touch of butter and chopped dill before serving.
8. Peel and slice the cucumber. Place in a container that has a lid. Add salt and cover with the lid. Shake the container until the cucumber is soft and flavoured with salt. Add chopped chive and dill.
9. To serve: place the fishcakes, dill potatoes, wild garlic mayo and cucumber salad on a plate.
Photos by: Johannes Hõimoja