1. Wash the salted mushrooms under cold, running water and leave to soak for a couple of hours, occasionally changing the water. Washing might be enough for less salted mushrooms. Fried or boiled mushrooms can be used when fresh mushrooms are not in season.
2. Press the soaked mushrooms dry between your hands or leave to drip-dry on a sieve.
3. There are two ways to make this salad. Either fry the mushrooms with a touch of oil in a pan or leave them completely untreated after washing.
4. Hard-boil the eggs for about 10-12 minutes (depending on their size). Cool and peel the eggs. Chop, grate or crush the eggs with a fork, as you prefer.
5. Chop the green onion and dill and cut the pearl onions in half. You can replace the green onion with a regular onion or use both.
6. Mix all of the components together and season with pepper. Check if it needs salt. If you are using salted mushrooms, extra salt might not be needed.
7. Serve as a separate salad or as a side dish.
Photos by: Johannes Hõimoja