Roosi tänav 83, Tartu linn, Tartu
On April 14, 1912, the Russian pilot Sergei Utotškin made the first motorised flight in Estonia, in a Farman biplane above the fields of the Raadi Manor. The event was captured by Johannes Pääsuke, a young filmmaker.
Baron Liphart, the lord of the Raadi Manor, had his farmland converted into a runway in summer 1914, when a dozen planes of the St. Petersburg Military District landed there.
After Estonia gained its independence, the 2nd Squadron of the Aviation Regiment was stationed in Raadi. During the 1950s and 1960s the Raadi airfield was refashioned into one of the largest air bases in Eastern Europe, at which strategic long-range bombers were stationed. It's believed that the last plane landed here in 1996.