1. Wash the potatoes and bake in the oven at 250 ºC for 45-60 minutes. If possible, cook on coals in a wood oven, on a grill or in an open fire. The potatoes are ready when the skin has turned ashy and the inside is soft.
2. Let the butter soften at room temperature. Pick the leaves off the herb stalks and chop finely. Mix butter and the chopped herbs together, season with lemon juice and salt. Wrap the butter in plastic wrap and mould the butter into sausage-shaped rolls. Let the rolls solidify in the fridge.
3. Wash the lemon and grate the zest with a fine grater. Pick and wash the parsley leaves and chop them.
4. Wash the salad leaves and dry them with a tea towel or paper towel. Chop the green onion.
5. Clean the cooled, fresh vendace. Wash off the scales and remove the intestines. Leave the head and the spine.
6. Grill the vendace for 1 minute on both sides, season with salt and pepper.
7. Take the potatoes out of the oven. Cut 5 mm slits into the potatoes. Add 1 cm thick slices of herb butter into the slits.
8. Mix together the salad leaves, chopped green onion and sour cream, season with salt and pepper.
9. Place the fish on a plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley, lemon and garlic.
Photos by: Johannes Hõimoja