Ilumägi chapel and cemetery

Ilumäe küla, Haljala vald, Lääne-Viru maakond

View on map

Ilumägi chapel was built by Palmse’s Baron Carl Magnus von der Pahlen between 1814 and 1843 on the site of a former wooden chapel. Its windows are adorned with stained glass produced by the Pahlens and wealthier farmers and officials from Palmse manor. In the cemetery you will see the handiwork of local smiths and stone hewers in its crosses. The fenced-off section of the cemetery holds the remains of the Pahlen family.

Times and prices
Open all year round

24 hours

Features and amenities
Getting there

Driving along the Tallinn-Narva highway, turn off at Viitna in the direction of Võsu. Continue on to Palmse and then on to Ilumägi hill, and then follow the signs.

Access
  • Signposted
  • Sealed access road
  • By excursion bus
  • By public transport
  • By car
Stops nearby
Bus: Ilumäe
Coordinates
View on map
Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
tkpaari

tkpaari

Church was open :-)

There was a churc service at the moment we visited, open doors and music. Sematory full of history. Beautiful alley.

Check out other services offered by this provider
Places nearby
View on map
Newsletter Newsletter