John the Baptist church, Lüganuse

Papli tänav 32, Lüganuse alevik, Lüganuse vald, Ida-Viru maakond

REQUEST INFORMATION View on map

The Lüganuse church has an eye-catching round clock tower, a true rarity in this day and age – the only other one in Estonia being on the Harju-Risti church. There is a church tabernacle built by priest Einar Laigna in the vestry. The vestry is heated and used in the winter.
Interesting to know: from 1788–1795, Otto Wilhelm Masing, the writer and linguist who invented the letter Õ used in the Estonian language, was the teacher of the congregation.

The church can be visited all year round, but we ask you to book a time in advance by phone.

Times and prices
01.06–31.08

Is open advance bookings only

Features and amenities
  • Wheelchair access

Getting there

Access
  • Sealed access road
  • By excursion bus
  • By public transport
  • By car
Stops nearby
Bus: Lüganuse
Coordinates
View on map
Places nearby
View on map
Spaflix Estonia Spaflix Estonia