Kordoni, Juminda küla, Kuusalu vald, Harju maakond
The lighthouse at the northers part of the Juminda Peninsula on the northern coast helps ships navigate.
The first carbide lamp was installed in 1931, the new 24 m standard lighthouse with a 2 m diameter was built in 1937, this lighthouse was 32 metres above the sea level.
As the lighthouse was being overshadowed by the growing forest, it was made taller by 8 m in 2006.
Thus, today, the Juminda Lighthouse is a cylindrical red, black and white metal and concrete tower with a lamp room and two balconies, blinking two consecutive bursts of bright light every 15 seconds. The light can be seen from 15 nautical miles.
Visitors are not allowed into the lighthouse tower.
Observed from distance