Completed in 1768, the St. Catherine's Church is the most style pure and ample baroque church in Estonia. The design of facades characteristically for baroque disjunct and relief, the six broaches are finished with slender needle-shaped tips that add lightness and festiveness to the building. Since church is built a century before the majority of orthodox churches, it differs from them from architectural point of view but at the same time it has influenced the development of orthodox church architecture in whole Balticum.
Interesting to know! Pärnu St. Catherine's Church was built by order and with financing of Russian queen Catherine the II. To this day Pärnu Russian congregation operates in the church.