Klooga Concentration Camp and Holocaust Memorial

KLOOGA MEMORIAAL 3, Klooga alevik, Lääne-Harju vald, Harju maakond

View on map

The Klooga Concentration Camp was established in September of 1943 by German occupation authorities. It was a forced labour camp that was part of the Vaivara camp system in Estonia. On September 19 in 1944, during the German occupation, one of the biggest mass murders in Estonia took place in Klooga when the Red Army was approaching and all the nearly 2,000 Jews were executed in the camp. 

Currently, there is a memorial to the victims of the Holocaust and the outdoor exhibition of the Estonian History Museum, "Klooga camp and the Holocaust". The exhibition and memorial are located in beautiful nature, by Lake Soodla. The sea is very close.

Times and prices
Open all year round

24 hours

Features and amenities
  • Wheelchair access

Getting there

When coming by car or bus, you can access the parking lot from the Tallinn-Paldiski road immediately after the railway crossing. The exhibition and memorial are open to all visitors round-the-clock and entrance is free.

Access
  • Signposted
  • Sealed access road
  • By excursion bus
  • By public transport
  • By car
Stops nearby
Bus: Karjaaia
Train: Klooga-Aedlinn
Coordinates
View on map
Places nearby
View on map
Newsletter Newsletter