Lembitu, monument to the victims of the War of Independence in Suure-Jaani

Lembitu plats, Suure-Jaani linn, Põhja-Sakala vald, Viljandi maakond

View on map

The monument, which was reopened in 1990, is more commonly known as the Lembitu monument, probably because the first well-known Estonian military commander, Lembitu, was from the Suure-Jaani area.
The monument was first opened in 1926 and was crushed twice – in 1941 and 1949.

The original sculpture by sculptor Amandus Adamson is located in Suure-Jaani School.

Times and prices
Open all year round

24 hours

Features and amenities
  • Wheelchair access

Getting there
Access
  • Signposted
  • Sealed access road
  • By car
Coordinates
View on map
Places nearby
View on map
Newsletter Newsletter