Mäe tänav 27/2, Mikitamäe küla, Setomaa vald, Võru maakond
The square in front of Mikitamäe Culture House is called the square of Orthodox village chapels because two Orthodox village chapels are located there next to each other – the old Orthodox village chapel is the oldest wooden building in continental Estonia: it was probably built in 1694. The building was originally located next to the Tartu–Petseri highway. During the Soviet era, it was moved from there. In 2009, the chapel was renovated and brought to the square in front of the former town hall. In 1998, a new chapel was built.
Both Mikitamäe Orthodox village chapels are dedicated to Apostle Thomas. The village holiday is celebrated a week after Easter.
Is open advance bookings only