Monument to Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald

Vabaduse puiestee, Tartu

View on map

The monument to Friedrich Reinhold Kreutzwald (1803-1882), founder of the Estonian national literature, was built in 1952. The authors of the monument were sculptors Johannes Hirv and Martin Saks, and architects Heiki Karro, Ants Mellik, and Mart Port.

Times and prices
Open all year round

24 hours

Features and amenities
  • Wheelchair access

Getting there

The monument is located in a park near River Emajõgi, behind the Tartu Public Library.

Access
  • Signposted
  • By excursion bus
  • By public transport
  • By car
Stops nearby
Bus: Vabaduse puiestee, Raeplats
Coordinates
View on map
Places nearby
View on map
Newsletter Newsletter