Palamuse O. Luts’s Parish School Museum

Currently, the museum is under reconstruction and the new visitor centre and a reconstructed "Toots' Schoolhouse" will be re-opened on 21 June 2018.
The Palamuse parish school building and the living quarters of the parish clerk Georg Nieländer were completed in 1873. The school operated there until 1975. A museum was opened there on 5 January 1987 and displays the life of a parish school at the end of the 19th century through Oskar Luts’s Spring.

Currently, the museum is under reconstruction and the new visitor centre and a reconstructed "Toots' Schoolhouse" will be re-opened on 21 June 2018.
The Palamuse parish school building and the living quarters

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 2 reviews | Write a review
  • Brings back memories

    Almost every Estonian has seen the movie "Kevade" (eng. "Spring"). All of it was shot in that school and adjacent buildings. The guide was super knowledgeble and described everything...

  • школа из любимой книги

    когда-то в детстве я прочёл повесть Оскара Лутса "Весна", которая мне чрезвычайно понравилась своим задором. Это была первая книга эстонского автора в моей жизни. Оказалось, что приходская школа и...


Features and amenities
stress buster
Share your photos by using #visitestonia