public.homepage.logo
public.entry.region.yldine_piirkond_louna

South Estonia

Pindi church in Lasva

Pindi Jaani (St. John's) church was built according to the plan by architect J. G. Mühlhausen. The church was consecrated in 1881. A massive tower stands In the western part of the rectangular church, the vestry is in the north-eastern part. The altarpiece is a copy of the one in Rõuge church, "Jesus on the cross" by Rudolf von zur Mühlen. The new organ built by the brothers Kriisa was consecrated in 1903.

The grave and monument of Captain Friedrich Vreeman (1894–1919), who was killed in the Estonian War of Independence, are in the church cemetery. Service is held Sundays at 10.30.

Useful information: Laine Villenthal, who was the first woman ordained as a minister in Estonia, served in Pindi church until 2004.

public.entry.region.yldine_piirkond_louna

South Estonia

Opening times

Advanced booking only

Location

Kotka, Lasva küla, Võru vald, Võru maakond