Põlva cemetery

Jaama tänav-1, Põlva linn, Põlva vald, Põlva maakond

View on map

The cemetery established in 1773 is located on the gradually ascending bank of the Orajõgi River. The main gate of the cemetery, which was completed in 1907, is worthy of attention.

Many cultural figures rest in the Põlva cemetery: G. A. Oldekop, clergyman, poet, journalist and editor; J. G. Scwartz, clergyman, writer and publisher of textbooks; O. G. Matthisson, parish clerk, long-time schoolmaster and conductor; Johannes Käis, school innovator; Jaan Vahtra, writer and painter; Lieutenant Colonel Oskar Kurvits, war historian and holder of the Cross of Liberty; and many others.

Times and prices
01.01–31.12

24 hours

Features and amenities
Getting there

Access
  • By public transport
  • By car
Stops nearby
Bus: Põlva
Coordinates
View on map
Places nearby
View on map
Spaflix Estonia Spaflix Estonia