Rõngu St Michael’s Church of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church

Come and visit the medieval Rõngu Church that is believed to have been completed in 1413, when Pope Johannes XXIII issued an indulgence to Rõngu Church, which is the first documented mention of Rõngu Church. It is possible that the current church has been located here since 1390, but previous buildings were destroyed in the Livonian War and the Great Northern War. Rõngu Church acquired its current shape when it was reconstructed in 1901.

Today, the most significant parts of Rõngu Church are the altarpiece (1901, the work of a Dresden artist), the organ (V. Müllverstedt 1874), and the stained-glass windows (1900, the work of Riga artists).

Come and visit the medieval Rõngu Church that is believed to have been completed in 1413, when Pope Johannes XXIII issued an indulgence to Rõngu Church, which is the first documented mention of Rõngu Church. It is possible that the current church has

Features and amenities
Share your photos by using #visitestonia