Keskväljak 1, Keila
The construction of the biggest mediaeval country church in Harju County probably started immediately after Northern Estonia had been subjected to the king of Denmark. There is no data about the first years of the church, but in about 1280, a spacious quadrangular chapel that forms the choir room in the present-day church was completed.
According to the churchwardens' books from the 15-16th century, the church was quite prosperous, and there were four altars.
The visitors will surely be interested in the pseudo-Gothic tower from 1851 (Johann Gottfried Exner), Renaissance and Baroque art, including the reredos and the pulpit, the wheel crosses in the churchyard and funeral chapels of the local landlords.
Take a look at the aerial photograph (Joel Tammet)
Is open advance bookings only