Pärtli tee 29a, Suurupi küla, Harku vald, Harju maakond
The lighthouse, which is shaped like a four-sided truncated pyramid and has a slab roof, was completed in 1859.
Together with the Suurupi stone lighthouse, the lighthouses form a target of 246.5⁰, which helps vessels leaving the Tallinn Bay between Naissaar and Vahemadal.
Suurupi lower lighthouse is the oldest working wooden lighthouse in Northern Europe and is among the 100 most valuable operating historical lighthouses of the International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities (IALA). The whole complex is a cultural heritage site under state protection.
Is open advance bookings only