Uppsala tänav-10, Tartu linn, Tartu
Anatomical Theatre, workplace for many prominent doctors and scientists of the 19th century, was designed by J. W. Krause and was constructed in 1805 on the south side of Toomemägi hill on a site of K. Gustav bastion dating from the Swedish era. The building was originally a classical rotunda, but between 1825–1827, new semi-circular wings of Krause's design were added. The Anatomical Theatre received its current shape when the last large annex was built between 1856–1860.
It received its current name – the Old Anatomical Theatre – when the so-called New Anatomical Theatre was completed in 1888.
Medical Collections of the Medical Faculty of the University of Tartu are available at Science Centre AHHAA.
Observed from distance