Narva maantee 105, Tartu
An orthodox congregation was established in Tartu in 1845 and Priest Joosep Shestakovski (1856-1888) initiated the building of an orthodox church. Tartu Saint George the Martyr Church was built using donations from the congregation and it was consecrated in the honour of Saint George by Bishop of Riga and Mitav Benjamin.
Interesting facts: - the Saint George Church in Tartu was also the first place where Patriarch of Russia Alexy II worked after his graduation from the clerical academy.
Is open advance bookings only