Looduse, Lõunaküla / Storbyn, Viimsi vald, Harju maakond
The Island of Naissaar (Narghetn in 1297, later also Nargö and Nargen) is an island located in the Gulf of Tallinn 8.5 km from mainland. The island measures 11 km in length and 4 km in width. The island, mainly covered by forest, has been a nature reserve since 1995.
To make exploring the island easier, there is a 12 km hiking trail south from the harbour, with 11 spots for viewing the surroundings.
It is also known as a culture trail: along the trail hikers can see Naissaare Church, a cemetery, a chapel and Sepa Farm, where the famous optician Bernhard Schmidt was born and raised. The trail largely runs along roads, and it can be travelled on a bike.
The trail is designated with white and blue markings on the trees.
Take the ferry to Naissaare. Go south from the harbour; the trail begins approximately 300 m from the building of the former Naissaare Visitor Centre. Look for white and blue markings on the trees.
Our site is also available in Chinese and you will be redirected to Visit Estonia Chinese website visitestonia.cn