The new generation of Estonians has grown up in an independent and forward-looking country. Although 2020 can't be compared to the tough times Estonia has seen, it's been the most challenging one that our youth can recall. Turning back to the roots, there is only one thing to be done, something that unifies people across nations and can lift us all up - dance.
Estonians have always had a spiritual connection with their environment and old customs. To combine our most beloved folk dance called Kaerajaan with a modern twist, internationally famous Estonian artist NOËP and a group of dancers from JJ-Street Dance Company, only magic can happen. Give it up for #kaerajaaning.
How to dance the tough times away?
- Go to the best-known landmark or an attraction in your region and dance!
- Use the #kaerajaaning music and dance moves from @visitestonia account on TikTok.
- Post the dance to TikTok or other social media channel with the hashtags #kaerajaaning #visitestonia.
- The more dances there are, the greater the synergy!
- Need music to practice? Download it here.