The bridge made by the Riga company Felser & Co in 1879 was erected amid the castle hills in Viljandi in 1931. It was a present by the lord of the Tarvastu Manor Karl von Mensenkampf.
Interesting to know: *The bridge is over 50 m long. * It was erected over a valley which is 15 m deep. * At first, the bridge was located over the moat in Tarvastu to make it easier for the family of the lord to visit the chapel in the ruins. The suspension bridge has become a favourite object of both citizens and visitors of Viljandi and one of the town’s important symbols. It was reconstructed in 1995.
This bridge is used to cross one of the moats into Viljandi Order Castle ruins. It is fully renovated and robust so don't worry if it sways a little as you cross.
This is an easy rope bridge so no challenge at all. Even those who might find such a crossing difficult should be able to do this one!
Nothing special as a standalone attraction, but goes well with the rest of the park and castle ruins.