1. The "How well do you know Estonian history and culture?" quiz (hereinafter "the Campaign") is a promotional game held during 12.08–4.10.2021 and is organised by Enterprise Estonia (registry code 90006006, Lasnamäe 2, 11412 Tallinn, hereinafter "the Organiser"), who is the controller within the meaning of GDPR.
2. A trip to Estonia for two nights worth up to 800 euros will be drawn between those who have taken the quiz in other languages (English, Finnish, German, Russian, Swedish and Latvian).
The prize trip includes:
- Roundtrip flight tickets to Tallinn from a major European airport for two
- 1 night accommodation for two people in Hestia Hotel Kentmann in Tallinn in a superior double room with breakfast and use of the wellness spa (except for arrival on 31.12.2021).
The 4-star Hestia Hotel Kentmann has 92 stylish rooms, a private spa and gym, and an AUS Restaurant. Located on the top floor of a 5-storey building, spacious suites with kitchenette, sauna and private roof terraces overlooking the city center. Each room has USB charging connectors, a simplified HDMI connection to the TV and comfortable dimmable lighting. The former dignified courthouse has a magnificent spiral staircase that runs through all floors.
- 1 night accommodation for two people in Dorpat Hotel in Tartu in a double room with breakfast, as well as free entrance to the nightclub until 01.00 (except for arrivals on 26-30 October 2021 and 31 December 2021-1 January 2022).
The largest hotel in Tartu, a spacious a la carte restaurant and the Jurjev and Tarbatu seminar rooms which are equipped with modern technology are concentrated under the historical name Dorpat. The 3-star superior Hotel Dorpat is located in the center of Tartu, in the Emajõgi business district. Modern space design, professional service and an attractive location make Dorpat a coveted destination.
- An hour and a half Ivan Chai tea drinking ceremony with a guided tour with snacks (onion pie, pickles, etc) in Mustvee.
Depending on the weather, the ancient elk hemp tea drinking ceremony may take place either outdoors with a heated tea samovar, or in the museum room with an electric samovar. The ceremony will be conducted by an instructor wearing a headscarf according to the local custom with barankas, cookies and a special sugar on the table. The tea drinking is accompanied by an introduction to the customs, such as how to hold a saucer, how to add the sugar, and the technique of loudly sipping the tea from the saucer. It also includes information on tea drinking culture, such as its history, importance. The instructor will also explain the various properties of elk hemp, including the production of sugar and kalganovka, a traditional drink valued by the Old Believers for its healing properties.
The prize of the Estonian-language quiz is a trip for two (2) people to Southern Estonia for one (1) night worth up to 500 euros.
The prize trip includes:
- 1 night of accommodation for two people in Lossispaa Wagenküll in Valga County (except for arrivals on 24-26 December 2021, 31 December 2021 and 01 January 2022).
The cozy, yet elegant and luxurious atmosphere of Wagenküll Castle awakens and relaxes all the senses as soothing sounds and cozy light, saunas with different temperatures and humidity levels and cozy waters as well as several private relaxation and recreation areas melt away fatigue and stress. The castle spa features a refreshing cold water oasis, a hydromassage pool, a Japanese bath as well as steam and aroma, salt steam, smoke, Finnish and amber style saunas. In addition, there are a number of relaxation and treatment procedures.
At the mill museum, you can do woodwork in the work shed and see the mill work. In the workshop, you can make a bowl or cup in the newly built house under the guidance of a master. Tree species, tools and types of work become easy to understand as you learn what chanting, cutting, undermining are. Then the old watermill is started and you can see how the steel flour is made, still powered by the power of water. Finally, the bread house offers bread and drinks.
We warmly welcome all the people who are fully vaccinated (and no more than a year has passed) or recovered (and no more than 180 days have passed since iagnoosis) without restrictions. In other cases, test and isolation requirements may apply depending on the infection rate of the country. For further information: https://www.visitestonia.com/en/covid-19-and-travelling-to-estonia.
To receive the prize, the winner must disclose their full name, e-mail address and telephone number to the organizer and confirm that they are at least 18 years old (see clause 4).
The prize can be used between 10.10.2021 and 20.02.2022.
3. The purpose of the campaign is to introduce and value Estonia as an exciting tourist destination through the online quiz "How well do you know Estonian history and culture?" among the adult population of all the main target markets.
4. The Campaign is open to everyone who is at least 18 years of age.
6. One (1) winner will be drawn from the Estonian language players of the quiz, and one (1) winner will be drawn from the players who have played other language versions (English, German, Swedish, Finnish, Latvian and Russian), for a total of 2 winners. A participant has the opportunity to increase their chances of winning by completing the test several times.
7. The winners of the Campaign prize will be announced no later than 11.10.2021 on the Visit Estonia English Facebook page (username @visitestonia, official name 'Visit Estonia', URL https://www.facebook.com/visitestonia/). The format in which the winner will be announced has been provided in the Campaign rules article 5.
8. The Organiser will contact the winners within five days of the announcement of the winners via the e-mail address provided to specify the delivery of the prize.
9. The Campaign winner must reply to the Organiser or contact the Organiser in order to claim the Campaign prize within 14 days of the announcement of the results. If the Campaign winner has not contacted the Organiser or replied to the organiser in time given, the Organiser has the right to draw a new winner.
10. The winner does not have the right to pass the prize on to another party. If the winner who is drawn does not wish to use the prize themself, then the Organiser reserves the right to draw a new winner.
11. The Campaign prize cannot be exchanged for any other product or service.
12. The participant cannot claim reimbursement from the Organiser for the expenses incurred by participating in the Campaign.
13. Employees of the Organiser and/or of its procurement partners are not eligible to take part in the Campaign.
14. All of the information given by the participants will remain confidential, and the Organiser will not publish it without the consent of the participant, nor share it with third parties. If the participant gives their consent (by ticking the box to subscribe to the Visit Estonia newsletter), the Organiser may use the information itself or share it with third parties for specific marketing activities, market research, analysis, or other related purposes and subscribe the participant to the Visit Estonia electronic newsletter in its database. The participant has the right to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
15. Personal data will be stored for a period of five years. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without it affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
16. You have the right to request, from the controller, access to an amendment or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing, as well as the right to data portability. More information about processing personal data can be found here: https://www.visitestonia.com/en/cookie-policy.
17. The Organiser has the right to change the Campaign rules, including the prize, announcing it on https://www.visitestonia.com/en/campaigns/summer-quiz-2021, where the Campaign rules are provided.
18. The Campaign procedures have been determined by the Organiser of the Campaign under the following conditions: all decisions of the Organiser in carrying out the Campaign are final and apply to all participants. All disputes arising from the Campaign are to be resolved under the valid legislation of the Republic of Estonia.
19. Claims and questions about the organisation and/or operation of the Campaign must be sent by e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of the announcement of the results. Claims and questions regarding the processing of personal data can be sent to the data protection officer's e-mail address email@example.com.
20. The Organiser of the Campaign will review claims within 7 days from their date of receipt and will announce their decision to the submitter of the claim via the e-mail address provided in the claim.
21. By participating in the Campaign, the participant confirms that their provided information is correct, they agree to the terms and conditions and give their consent to participate in the Campaign. If a Campaign participant has failed to adhere to the rules of the Campaign or has given false or incorrect information, as well as in the case of other failures not attributable to the Organiser of the Campaign, the Organiser will not be held responsible for not organising the draw or awarding the prize (7 in total). The Organiser of the Campaign has a unilateral right to terminate the Campaign and stop awarding the prize, if the rules have been violated or in other unforeseen circumstances (force majeure), by a public announcement on the Campaign web page.
This project is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.