Exploring the variety of film
The two independent sub-festivals which all take place during the main festival, explore the many faces of cinema, adding around 400 short films, animations, as well as youth and children's cinema to the mix.
PÖFF SHORTS (18 November – 26 November) explores the short formats of cinema, presenting around short films and animations from all over the world, in various competitio programmes and special events.
Don't miss out on:
- Cineconcerts, exhibitions, lectures.
- Tours to legendary Estonian studios.
- Parties with the lively animation community.
- Several competition programmes and retrospectives and the unique SHUT UP! programme for animations without any dialogue or voice-over.
As a reflection of PÖFF itself, the Children's and Youth Film Festival Just Film (17 – 26 November) offers almost exactly the same, only to younger audiences.
As one of the biggest of its kind in Northern Europe, Just Film has it all:
- An international youth competition programme with a youth and children's jury picking their favourite films;
- Child rights' programme with a notable education sidebar;
- An exciting and extensive documentary showcase that ranges from extreme sports to science;
- parties, dance shows and much more.