The festival also screens several non-competitive programmes, including special focuses, sections for documentaries, sports, fashion and genre films and highlights from other film festivals around the world.
- Midnight Shivers – a feast for all horror, fantasy and sci-fi buffs.
- Doc@PÖFF – exploring the hot topics of the world via this year's finest documentaries.
- Fashion Cinema – all the latest gossip and the inspiration from the world's catwalks and streets.
- Focus: 100 years of Freedom - introducing slices of the cinematic history of 13 countries that are celebrating their 100th birthday this year.
- Focus: Ingmar Bergman 100 - we will be exploring the legendary Swedish director and his films that had connections with Estonia that are not very well known of.
And much more.
The films of 2018 will be announced in various stages during the months before the festival.
Exploring the variety of film
The two independent sub-festivals which all take place during the main festival, explore the many faces of cinema, adding around 400 short films, animations, as well as youth and children's cinema to the mix.
PÖFF SHORTS (20– 28 November) explores the short formats of cinema, presenting around 300 short films and animations from all over the world, in various competition programmes and special screenings.